I. Customer Agreement
When using FASTPAY’s service, please read carefully and comply strictly with these terms and conditions, and related terms published by FASTPAY. The following terms and conditions are applicable to individual users.
These Terms are applicable to all of FASTPAY products and services irrespective of the delivery platform or device you use to access them.
II. Service Description
1. The service provided to the user under these terms and conditions are personal outbound salary exchange and settlement service carried out via FASTPAY’s Mobile Application. The user can use FASTPAY’s mobile App to look up relevant transaction information including but not limited to indicative exchange rates, transaction status, amount to be paid to recipient, and transaction statement.
2. FASTPAY may add, remove, or modify the available countries and currencies for salary exchange and settlement service upon permission by the competent authorities. FASTPAY will notify users of such changes via FASTPAY’s mobile app or service website.
3. Each single salary exchange and settlement transaction requested by the user is limited to an amount of not more than NTD$20,000 (including transaction fees).
4. FASTPAY reserves the right to reject a salary exchange and settlement request or cancel a transaction at any time prior to FASTPAY’s confirmation of a successful or completed transaction.
5. FASTPAY reserves the right to cancel any transaction request if the said transaction fails to pass FASTPAY’s internal controls of anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism, or if the user is unable to provide relevant supporting documentation or explanation requested by FASTPAY.
6. To be able to facilitate cancellations and refunds from unsuccessful transactions, FASTPAY will temporarily stop accepting salary exchange and settlement requests from a user 15 calendar days prior to the expiration date of the user’s Alien Resident Certificate. Salary exchange and settlement services will resume once the user has submitted and updated relevant documents which will be subject to FASTPAY’s verification and approval.
III. Code of Conduct and User Obligations
1. The user shall use FASTPAY’s salary exchange and settlement service and related functions on behalf of himself or herself. All acts conducted on FASTPAY’s salary exchange and settlement service by the user are received by FASTPAY’s system in real time, and FASTPAY shall execute such instructions either in real time or in batches. Once the user confirms a salary exchange and settlement request, the user may not cancel, or modify such salary exchange and settlement instruction that has been sent to the FASTPAY’s system unless approved or allowed by FASTPAY.
2. The user shall comply with the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and all regulations applicable to the use of the salary exchange and settlement service provided by FASTPAY. The user warrants that the user shall not use the salary exchange and settlement service to infringe the rights of others or for any illegal purpose, such as money laundering, financing of terrorism, dissemination of virus, theft of data, internet fraud, or inciting others to commit crimes.
3. FASTPAY has the right to audit the user’s salary exchange and settlement request in accordance with the relevant domestic and foreign laws and regulations regarding anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism, and has the right to request the user to provide related supporting documentation and/or explanation. If FASTPAY discovers any suspicious salary exchange and settlement request, FASTPAY is obligated to report such suspicious transactions to the Investigation Bureau of the Ministry of Justice.
4. If the information and personal data provided by the user is outdated, inaccurate, or incomplete, the user bears the responsibility for any resulting losses or damages incurred by the user, as well as those that may be incurred by FASTPAY.
5. The user shall make certain that the contents of documents and materials provided or transmitted by the user are consistent. In any case where either FASTPAY or the user discovers any error or inconsistency, such party is required to immediately notify the other party, and take appropriate steps to make necessary corrections.
6. The user shall only use secure and private personal devices and equipment to conduct transactions in order to reduce the likelihood of illegal intrusion, access, modification, and damage to systems and records as well as the damages or losses incurred thereby.
7. The user acknowledges and agrees that all salary exchange and settlement transactions via the service may be processed without any signed invoices, live signatures, or other signed written contracts.
8. All salary exchange and settlement service provided via FASTPAY’s mobile App is collected, filed and recorded by FASTPAY’s system automatically in the form of electronic transaction records. If the user discovers any errors or inconsistency in the transaction records, the user shall notify FASTPAY immediately.
9. In order to maintain transaction security and ensure that the concerns of money laundering or financing of terrorism are eliminated, FASTPAY may set per transaction, daily, or monthly salary exchange and settlement amount limits as deemed necessary with respect to each user. FASTPAY may adjust such salary exchange and settlement amount or transaction frequency limits at any time based on each user’s usage of the service.
IV. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The service provided by FASTPAY, unlike general consumer goods, cannot be easily undone. FASTPAY shall not take any responsibility for damages, which are profits losing, revenue losing, business losing, opportunities losing, data losing, Indirect or causation loss. In case of a failed transaction due to incorrect information (such as incorrect recipient name or account number) provided by the user, the user shall be liable for any additional transaction fees and administration fees in processing such transaction. In any case that the user’s salary exchange and settlement funds were credited to the wrong account or recipient as a result of a mistake made by such user, FASTPAY will be under no obligation to recover the funds or resend the funds to the correct account or person. The user acknowledges that delays in transmission and receipt of payments may occur. The user also acknowledges that FASTPAY operates an online platform that could be subject to technical issues. FASTPAY also uses services of intermediaries which are beyond FASTPAY’s control. By using any of FASTPAY’s services, the user agrees that FASTPAY will not be liable for any loss suffered by the user or other person as a result of any delays of the completion of the services FASTPAY offers. FASTPAY reserves the right to refuse to accept a user’s salary exchange and settlement request without giving any reasons and without any liability to the user for any resulting loss or damages incurred by the user or any other party.
V. Governing Law
1. The user acknowledges and agrees that FASTPAY has the right to audit the user’s salary exchange and settlement requests in accordance with the relevant domestic and foreign laws and regulations regarding anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism. If FASTPAY discovers any suspicious transaction, FASTPAY is obligated to report such suspicious transactions to the Investigation Bureau of the Ministry of Justice or other equivalent applicable domestic, foreign, or international authorities or organizations.
2. The user understands that the funds transferred to FASTPAY under these terms and conditions are not covered by the protection of any deposit insurance or insurance guaranty funds.
3. In order to facilitate the user’s understanding of the content, these terms and conditions may be translated into different languages; if there is any inconsistency between the original text and the translated version, the original text should govern.
VI. Termination of Service and Termination of Agreement
The user may terminate the salary exchange and settlement service by notifying FASTPAY’s customer service center via customer service. Upon receipt of such termination notice, FASTPAY shall confirm such termination by customer service chat or email. The user shall not be allowed to terminate the service while any transaction in the user’s account has not been completed. Any damages or penalties for terminating the service under such circumstances shall be the user’s responsibility.
FASTPAY reserves the right to suspend or terminate the provision of salary exchange and settlement service, along with all services provided by FASTPAY’s mobile app if the user does any of the following:
A. The user uses his/her own account to do a transaction on behalf of someone else.
B. The user refuses to submit additional supporting documents or explanations required by FASTPAY to carry out a transaction.
C. FASTPAY deems the transaction to be suspicious of an act of money laundering or terrorism financing. FASTPAY is not required to give prior notice when suspending or terminating user accounts. FASTPAY may refuse the creation of duplicate accounts for the same user. In cases where duplicate account(s) are detected, FASTPAY reserves the right to terminate the account(s) without prior notice. FASTPAY reserves the right to retain the user’s account information after such account has been closed or suspended for business or regulatory compliance purposes.
FASTPAY reserves the right to reject any new user at its absolute discretion.
VII. Personal Information Protection; Security of Transaction Information